Monday, June 7, 2010

103.5

Scene: Back in the Suri Residence

My transition last week from Port-au-Prince to Delhi was hectic but smooth. I managed to find a flat on Day 1 and began work on Day 2. Perhaps in an effort to acclimate to Delhi’s heat, my body temperature rose accordingly on Day 3. Acute gastroenteritis had set in before I could unpack. I’ll spare you the details, worldwide web. They ain’t pretty.

Thankfully, my new flatmates, local Kennedy School friends, and their families knew just want to do... as did my caretakers at the Max Specialty Hospital, widely regarded as the best medical facility in Delhi. On Day 7, I’m relieved to BLOG that I’m on the dusty road to recovery.

I’m now recuperating at my friend Anirudh's house where the food, drinks, and loving care runneth over.




Stay tuned for an entry about the status of the women’s movement in Haiti and another with a glimpse into my set-up in Delhi. Thanks for all of the love!

1 comment:

  1. I love your posts Mel -- you're a natural blogger! Keep 'em coming. Besos, Em

    ReplyDelete